Hello, busy people! Hit the bell icon and never miss any update
from me. Yours truly, Mahatalli. Mom!
– What is it? I’m getting late for school. Quick! Make me breakfast.
– I made the breakfast hours ago. Don’t you remember,
you’ve summer holidays from today. Kids get months of holidays.
While we grown up don’t get a single day’s holiday. Everyday we’ve to cook and all. I’ll be bored to death
during these holidays! I miss school! I wish Ms Jyothi gets assigned to us again. I found some papers. Shall I put them in the trash?
– No, mom! Those are the question papers
of the annual exams. I lost the top rank to Samhida by 4 marks.
But this year, I’ll see to it I beat her. So, don’t throw them away.
– Fine. Maintain a file for all these papers. If you leave them loose,
you’ll lose them sooner or later. By the way, is Shilpa’s mom your friend? Not a friend exactly. She is an acquintance.
Why do you ask? Shilpa is done with her 10th.
I asked her for her text books. She said she’ll give them if her mom agrees.
So, could you put in a word for me? Why are you dragging me into this?
– Mom, please! – Alright, fine. Ask her now! I’m done with exams today.
Holidays from tomorrow. Can’t waste any time. In the first week, I’ll attend Spoken English classes.
Then I’ll read the entire encyclopedia and gain knowledge. Then, I’ll learn photography.
That will make me a hot shot in school. Still, I’ve got two weeks left.
One entire week, I’ll study. The last week..
Fine. I’ll have fun the last week. Too bad the holidays are over already. Dad, give me money
to buy this year’s text books. Money for text books?
You enrolled at a Spoken English institute. You barely attended those classes for 3 days.
You bought a fat encylopedia. I’m now using it as a pillow.
You made me buy a camera for photography. Last I checked, you dumped it somewhere. I clicked more photos with my phone
than you did with that camera. You whiled away
the entire two months of holidays. And now you want new books?
Get out of my sight! Did you pack everything?
Make sure you carry everything that is needed. We are only going to Granny’s house
in Amalapuram, not to Grand Canyon in America. Granny’s house is like paradise.
She makes us our favorite delicacies. We can sleep under star filled sky
and gaze at it. All our relatives will be there too.
What are you cribbing about? I like spending time there.
But we’ve been there for Christmas and even for Sankranti
and here we are going there again. Won’t we go anywhere else but there?
– Your granny invited us there that is why we are going.
– What if she invites us again for Dusshera? We’ll go again.
– I thought I’ll cut down on my weight this time. But if you take me to granny’s place,
she’ll make me all my favorite delicacies and I’ll become even fat.
This has been happening all the time. How will I cut down on my weight?
– Who says you are fat? You’re alright. Don’t mind what your friends say.
– Everybody but you says I’m fat. Each time, granny gives me some money.
But you deposit that money in your bank account. I’m only saving it for you. I’m saving up that money on your behalf.
I’m not using that money on me. Ask me if you want any money out of it.
– Is that a promise? I’m your mom
and whatever I say is a law. Alright. Atleast for Dusshera
we’ll go somewhere else. Please! Alright. Your aunt wants
to go to Srisailam. Let’s plan a trip to Srisailam with her.
– That is pilgrimage, not a trip. If you want to sleep,
why did you set an alarm in the first place? I’ve set an alarm to remind myself that
during holidays I can sleep how much ever I want. Kids I say! Why is he still asleep?
Is he dead? Get up!
– Let me sleep, dad! He is atleast alive. Mom, what is for breakfast?
– Why do you care? It is time for lunch now. Lunch time already?
Crap! Don’t just empty the bottles.
Fill them up too. There are three more full bottles.
I’ll fill them after I empty them all. It’s time for Pokemon. Mom, see you later.
– Where to? Why do you got three bags? I’m going for basketball.
– One bag is for basketball. What are the other two for? After basketball, I’ll attend French classes.
After French classes, I’ll go for swimming. You also have guitar classes every alternate day.
– I want to make the most of these holidays. Will you at least be home for dinner? What!
– It is French for see you. You’re splurging money on unnecessary stuff.
Instead, I can teach you cooking, for free. Dad, I’m 10 days into my holidays.
I can keep sipping coffee at StarDucks all day. We’ll go some other coffee shop, you mean?
– It isn’t about coffee. Let’s go somewhere. Shall we take the evening flight for Goa?
– Dad, I said somewhere, not Goa. Well, how about Malaysia?
– We go there every damn time. How about Singapore.
– We’ve been there last month for Sashi’s wedding. How about China?
– China is like next door. Fine. Let’s go to the US.
– You know I vowed to go to US only after I settle down. I’m still in grade 12.
– That’s true. Where else can we go? How about mars?
Is Mars fine or do you want Snickers? I thought he was being sarcastic.
– I’ve an idea. I’ll spin the globe.
We’ll go wherever the globe stops. Good idea.
Do it. Where did it stop?
– At Indian Ocean. Bloody drown there.
I mean, in Kashi, you’ve to take a holy dip. Cold coffee, water and juice.
All set. I won’t have to get up for anything. Jahnu, shall I get you breakfast?
– No. I love Joey.
Rachel is so cute! How lazy you are. I rather not drink too much water
unless I want to get up to pee. The samosas are tasty, mom!
– Here is your dinner, my ladyship. I feel like I’m working at a Dhaba.
Jahnu, now go to bed. Already?
– Already? It is 12! You carry on. Jahnu, you slept here all night?
Go and wash your face. Are you planning
on having your bath right here? How I wish you become as dedicated
with your study books too. Mom, get me breakfast. Hi, guys! So this was my take
on different types of kids in summer holidays. I hope you don’t comment to say
‘None of you look like kids’. So, let’s call it types of students
during summer holidays. If you could relate give it a like
and comment and let us know which type you are. Share it with all your friends
and don’t forget to subscrube. See you next Wednesday.